Managing usage time of various apps/sites/softwares (by beep alerts and mail).
ATLAS, coded in python, enables users to set maximum and minimum usage time for different applications/websites/softwares. Users can add multiple apps,websites (by their name) along with their max or/and min time of usage. The user will be alerted when the max time limit is crossed or min limit is not achieved. In max time exceeding case, a beep sound will continue whenever that app is on foreground (active) after the limit is reached. In min time case the minimum time usage and total time will be set by the user, a reminder will pop up on fixed intervals to remind the user to meet the minimum time requirements.
Only active apps (foreground app) will contribute in their usage time. There is also a mail feature which allows one to send email if the max time is exceeded or min time is not met. This feature can be used for parental control, where parents can put limits on their child’s time usage for different apps/websites time usage.
- User can put a time limit on their usage of Facebook. After the limit is exceeded, whenever he uses Facebook, that is, it becomes active (comes on foreground)an alert will come and it’ll start beeping.
- A user can put minimum time limit of say an hour and total time 5 hours on an educational software. He has to meet the minimum requirement by using this software for atleast an hour in next 5 hours. He will be alerted about it every hour till 5 hours. It’ll also stop he meets the requirement before total time.
tkinter: GUI for python.
win32gui: module for native win32 GUI API. Mainly used in this project to get the name of app on the foreground using getForegroundWindow.
smtplib(simple mail transfer protocol library): for mailing features. (Gmail)
winsound:for beep alerts.
time: for setting timers.
_thread: to enablesetting of multiple alerts.
This idea is contributed by Sushrut Khandelwal.If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Project Idea | (Personalized real-time update system)
- Project Idea | (Project Approval System)
- Project Idea | Bus Notification System Using Crowdsourcing
- Project Idea | Ward Tracking System
- Project Idea | Distributed Downloading System
- Project Idea | Sun Rise/Set Time Finder
- Project Idea | Road Accident Safety System
- Project Idea | Smart Waste Management System
- Project Idea | Attendance System Using Smart Card
- Project Idea | Songs Recommendation System in Android
- Project Idea | Real Time Vehicle Tracking
- Project Idea | C.A.R.T (CROWD ANALYTIC in REAL TIME)
- Project Idea | Homograph Attack Warning System (HAWS)
- Project Idea | Recommendation System based on Graph Database
- Project Idea | Collaborative Editor Framework in Real Time
- Project Idea | Driver distraction and drowsiness detection system - DCube
- Project Idea | Know More
- Project Idea | God's Eye
- Project Idea | Get Me Through
- Project Idea | Rakshak