I applied via angelist. I was asked to write code on collabedit while we were discussing problems over phone. Interviewer jumped straight to Technical questions, no Tell me about yourself.
Q1. Write a program to calculate power(x, n) in your favorite programming language.
Ans: I divided the problems in subproblems of size(y/2) and called the subproblems recursively. He then asked me to further optimize it. I tried memoization and dp, he then said there is no need of memoization here as one subproblem will be solved only once.
Q2. I used hashmap during the above question, then he asked me about hashmap its internal implementation, insertion complexity etc.
Q3. How are collisions prevented in hashmap, what is hash function etc.
Q4. You are given a binary tree, print level order traversal in zigzag form.
Ans: I did this by first printing level order then reversing where required. I was only required to write psuedo code. I was not able to explain him the recursion.
What would happen if setTimeout is replaced with setTimeInterval?
What would happen if var i=0 is replaced with let i=0 (Ans: It would produce error)
Q6. What is the difference between SQL and NOSQL databases? Advantages of NOSQL databases like Mongodb? Can we have Relational DB in NOSQL?
Q7. Some general questions like what is MVC, AJAX, HTTP keep alive, difference between git pull and git fetch etc.
Q8. Asked questions from what I had mentioned in Resume like what is k-fold cross validation, AngularJS etc.
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- Mentor Graphics (Siemens) Interview Experience (For Experience – 3 yrs) | Sr. MTS
- Adobe Interview Experience | Computer Scientist (5 yr Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.