I applied via angelist. I was asked to write code on collabedit while we were discussing problems over phone. Interviewer jumped straight to Technical questions, no Tell me about yourself.
Q1. Write a program to calculate power(x, n) in your favorite programming language.
Ans: I divided the problems in subproblems of size(y/2) and called the subproblems recursively. He then asked me to further optimize it. I tried memoization and dp, he then said there is no need of memoization here as one subproblem will be solved only once.
Q2. I used hashmap during the above question, then he asked me about hashmap its internal implementation, insertion complexity etc.
Q3. How are collisions prevented in hashmap, what is hash function etc.
Q4. You are given a binary tree, print level order traversal in zigzag form.
Ans: I did this by first printing level order then reversing where required. I was only required to write pseudo code. I was not able to explain him the recursion.
What would happen if setTimeout is replaced with setTimeInterval?
What would happen if var i=0 is replaced with let i=0 (Ans: It would produce error)
Q6. What is the difference between SQL and NOSQL databases? Advantages of NOSQL databases like Mongodb? Can we have Relational DB in NOSQL?
Q7. Some general questions like what is MVC, AJAX, HTTP keep alive, difference between git pull and git fetch etc.
Q8. Asked questions from what I had mentioned in Resume like what is k-fold cross validation, AngularJS etc.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Adobe Interview Experience for MTS-1 (1.5 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 7 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Walmart Lab Interview Experience | Set 8 (Off-Campus 3 Years Experience)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Paytm Interview Experience | Set 21 (5+ Experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 39 (1.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Salesforce Interview Experience - MTS | Set 4 (6.5 Years Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.