Given a circle having two chords of equal length. The angle subtended by one of the chords to the centre is given. The task here is to find the measure of the angle subtended by another chord at the centre.
Input: 48 Output: 48 degrees Input: 82 Output: 82 degrees
Let AC & BD are the two equal chords of the circle having center at O.let the angle subtended by the chord AC be x degrees.
in triangle AOC & BOD,
AO = OB(radii of same circle)
AB = CD(equal chords)
OC = OD(radii of same circle)
so, the triangles AOC & BOD are congruent to each other
so, angle AOC = angle BOD
Equal chords of a circle subtend equal angles at the centre.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
The angle subtended at the center is 48 degrees
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Program to calculate angle on circumference subtended by the chord when the central angle subtended by the chord is given
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Angle between a chord and a tangent when angle in the alternate segment is given
- Nth angle of a Polygon whose initial angle and per angle increment is given
- Angle subtended by an arc at the centre of a circle
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Length of diagonals of a Rhombus using length of Side and vertex Angle
- Arc length from given Angle
- Find the area of rhombus from given Angle and Side length
- Find the Diameter or Longest chord of a Circle
- Shortest distance from the centre of a circle to a chord
- Count ways to divide circle using N non-intersecting chord | Set-2
- Length of diagonal of a parallelogram using adjacent sides and angle between them
- Count arrays of length K whose product of elements is same as that of given array
- Count of same length Strings that exists lexicographically in between two given Strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.