In Android Animations are the visuals that are added to make the user interface more interactive, clear and good looking. Fade In and Fade out animations are used to modify the appearance of any view over a set interval of time so that user can be notified about the changes that are occurring in our application.
In this article we will be discussing how to create a Fade In/Out animation in Kotlin .
|android:duration||It is used to specify the duration of animation|
|android:fromAlpha||It is the starting alpha value for the animation,
where 1.0 means fully opaque and 0.0 means fully transparent
|android:toAlpha||It is the ending alpha value|
|android:id||Sets unique id of the view|
First step is to create a new Project in Android Studio. For this follow these steps:
- Click on File, then New and then New Project and give name whatever you like
- Then, select Kotlin language Support and click next button.
- Select minimum SDK, whatever you need
- Select Empty activity and then click finish.
After that, we need to design our layout. For that we need to work with the XML file. Go to app > res > layout and paste the following code:
Modify activity_main.xml file
Add anim folder
In this folder, we will be adding the XML files which will be used to produce the animations. For this to happen, go to app/res right click and then select, Android Resource Directory and name it as anim.
Again right click this anim folder and select Animation resource file and name it as fade_in. Similarly, also create fade_out.xml and paste the following code.
Modify MainActivity.kt file
Open app/src/main/java/yourPackageName/MainActivity.kt and do the following changes:
Run as emulator:
- Android TableLayout in Kotlin
- Android EditText in Kotlin
- Android Animations in Kotlin
- Android LinearLayout in Kotlin
- Android Slide Up/Down in Kotlin
- Android Toast in Kotlin
- Android FrameLayout in Kotlin
- Android ListView in Kotlin
- Android RelativeLayout in Kotlin
- Android progress notifications in Kotlin
- How to create project in Android Studio using Kotlin
- How to create fade-in effect on page load using CSS ?
- Android Menus
- Android Architecture
- Android UI Layouts
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.