Anchanto Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
The interview consisted of 4 rounds: MCQs + Coding + Technical + Technical and HR. The process was entirely virtual and took place on the Hackerrank platform.
Screening Round: It consists of 55 MCQ questions for 110 minutes.
- 25 Aptitude questions
- 30 Technical questions from C, C++, Java, DBMS, OS, Network.
Questions were easy to medium. Around 50 out of 90 candidates were shortlisted for the next round.
Coding Round: It consists of 3 coding questions (medium) plus 2 SQL query questions (for me it was hard) for 180 minutes.
Coding questions were slight variations of the following questions :
- The tricky part of this question was to write a comparator of sort function.
I think the one who solved at least 3 coding questions got shortlisted. 32 students got shortlisted out of 50. I was last on the list because I forgot to hit the submit button and did that at the last minute.
Technical Round(Round1): It was about a 45-minute talk, questions were basics but she covered all CS fundamental subjects + DSA + Project. As expected, I started with a self-introduction. Then she asked me my favorite subjects, I told DSA and OOPs then she said “Ok let’s start with OS”.
Few questions that I remember :
- Deadlock, starvation, kernel, and their types.
- Normalization, Indexing, Sharding, etc.
- Lots of questions from OOPs mainly from four features of OOPs with real-life examples.
- 3 easy questions from DSA
- Reverse string(explained two pointer approach)
- Check palindrome(explained two pointer approach)
- All prime numbers till N.(all approaches from naive to most optimized)
- Discuss project(She was checking whether I have done it or not)
- The technology used and why
- My role in the project
- Different tags of HTML and attributes of forms
This round was a game-changer for me. I answered almost all of the questions with a good explanation. 16 got shortlisted for the final round.
Technical + HR (Round2): It was about a 60-minute friendly talk with HR. As expected, I started with a self-introduction.
- Discussed the project around(8 – 10 min).
- Some general technical questions which I remember
- Distributed System
- Cloud computing(5 – 6 min. discussion)
- Primary memory
- How can you make a website fast?
- Some behavioral questions which I remember
- Strength & Weakness
- Something about your school time.
- How good are you as a TeamPlayer?
- Hobbies(I mentioned chess and cricket)
- When a test match is called “TIE”, I explained to him the draw match unknowingly, then he told me to look after the interview :).
- He asked for 3 puzzles (GfG practice is enough).
Finally, 8 got an offer. I was one of them.