amixer is a command-line mixer for ALSA(Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) sound-card driver. amixer can support multiple soundcards. amixer with no arguments will display the current mixer settings for the default soundcard as well as the device. This is a good way to see a list of the simple mixer controls that you can use.
amixer [-option] [command]
Commands and Options:
- -h or –help : Displays help and then exits.
- –info : Displays the info and then exits.
- –scontols : Displays a complete list of simple controls and then exits.
- –scontents : Shows a complete list of simple mixer controls and their contents as well.
- set or sset : Sets the contents of the simple mixer.
- get or sget : Shows the control contents of the simple mixer.
- controls : Displays a complete list of the card controls.
- contents : Displays a complete list of the card controls with their contents as well.
- cset : Is used to set the card controls.
- cget : It shows the card control contents. The identifier has the same syntax as for the cset command.
- -c : Selects the card number that needs to be controlled.
- -D : Selects the device name that needs to be controlled.
- -s or –stdin : Read from stdin and execute each command sequentially.
- -q : Does not display the result of the changes.
- -R : Uses the raw value for evaluating the percentage representation which is also the default mode.
- -M : Uses the mapped volume for evaluating the percentage representation like alsamixer, to be more natural for the human ear.
- -v : Displays the version.