Amdocs came on campus for the recruitment process. It was a 2 day process. Online Test was conducted earlier and the interviews were conducted on a separate day.
Branches allowed were B.E (COE, IT, ECE) and M.Tech (Information Systems). I am a M.Tech Student.
Round 1: Online Test (Moderate)
Time Duration: 90 minutes
No of questions: 51 MCQ + 1 code
The test was comprised of MCQs where most asked questions were from shell scripting(echo, cp, chmod, cd and their options), sql (normalization and joins), c and c++ output questions including pointers, string manipulation, precedence and associativity of operators etc (around 35 questions). Rest topics were aptitude and reasoning (around 7-8 questions like sequence, pattern, statements and conclusion, puzzles), english (2 easy passage), OOPS concepts.
1 Coding problem: Detect loop in a linked list
My friend got the coding problem to check whether a given integer is a palindrome or not.
Around 50-60 students appeared for the written test and 15 got shortlisted for the F2F interview.
Note: Time is more than enough. Accuracy is the main focus in the test.
Round 2: F2F Interview (Easy-Moderate)
There was only 1 F2F discussion (60-90 minutes) with a panel of 2 interviewers. The interview went as follows:
- Tell me about yourself
- Then they jumped to my projects. They were interested in everything related to the project. What you did, how u did, the detailed approach of your project, applications. I worked on 2 ML projects related to music information retrieval and artificial neural networks. They were interested in knowing how the problem was solved. Apart from that they also asked questions on my current major project related to video sequence analysis. Project discussion was done around 20-25 minutes.
- Then they jumped to OOPS concepts. They asked about my favourite OOPS concept. I said polymorphism. Then I answered in detail about function overloading, operator overloading, function overriding.
- They asked some output questions related to pointer to a constant, sizeof vs strlen etc. Output questions were easy.
- Asked me to code own string copy function https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/c-program-copy-string-without-using-strcpy-function/
- Asked me to code stack using array https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/stack-data-structure-introduction-program/
- Prisoners and hat puzzle https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-75-prisoners-hat/ . The interviewers gave 2 hints and then i solved the puzzle.
- Situation reaction test: You and your colleague are working in a company and are equally intelligent. But your boss praised your colleague and not you. What will you do? (Think, be calm and then answer)
- How are you a changed person in life now?
- Some general questions like where do you live, how do you commute to the college, why gap in education etc.
Round 2 was not an elimination round. Everyone appeared for the HR round.
Round 3: (HR discussion)
HR round was a 15-20 minutes discussion and most common HR questions were asked in this round.
- Tell me about yourself
- Family background
- Strength and weakness
- Greatest achievement
- Why gap in education?
- Plans for higher studies
- Any offers or not and why?
- Job location
Then HR asked me to wait for the results.
Finally the results came and 3 out of 15 (2 M.Tech and 1 B.E. student) including me, were selected for the full time Software engineering associate position. After the results, they praised each one of us and gave us the printed offer letters :-). It was an amazing feeling after getting selected in Amdocs 🙂
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 1 (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Applied through website
- Amdocs Interview experience for Experienced candidate (2 - 5 yrs)
- Amdocs R&D Interview Experience | Set 7 (Graduate Software Engineer Trainee)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus | Software Engineer Associate
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus Software Engineering Associate)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Engineering Associate
- Amdocs interview Experience (On-Campus) for software engineer associate
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.