Amdocs visited our college in the 1st week of Oct ’20. All the rounds were conducted on the HirePro platform including online tests and interviews.
Round 1: It had 5 sections for a duration of 2 hrs. Each section had its own time limit, and we could not go back to the previous section.
- Aptitude: It consisted of typical questions on quantitative and logical reasoning. If you’re good at aptitude then it’ll be easy for you but if you haven’t practiced then time duration may cost you.
- English: It consisted of comprehension and grammar. It was fairly easy and time duration was enough.
- Core CS subjects: It consisted of questions from OS, DBMS, DSA. It did NOT have questions on Linux. If you’re good with fundamentals then it’d be easy. I’d suggest watching Knowledge gate or Gate smashers videos.
- Coding and SQL: It had 2 questions on coding and 2 on SQL queries. For coding, you could choose the language from C+, C, Java. I don’t remember if there was Python or not. For SQL, it was restricted to MySQL. SQL queries were on joins, aggregate functions, group by, order by. Coding questions: 1. Replace array elements by the sum of the next two consecutive elements. 2. Find the longest Even Length Substring such that Sum of First and Second Half is same. In the 2nd question, we had to print the substring and not the length. O(n^3) solution was accepted.
- Language-specific question: I chose C++. Questions were on OOP and output questions. I’d suggest practicing GeeksforGeeks quiz and Indiabix.
I don’t know the stats of how many applied for it but 100 students got shortlisted after the online test. Next, we had a 15-min psychometric test.
Round 2: I had a 45mins interview. There were 2 interviewers who were quite friendly and first asked for my intro. Then they asked me the following questions.
- Explain SDLC.
- Which SDLC model is the best model?
- Concept of stack and queue?
- How will you insert an element at 3rd position in a stack? (Just the approach, no coding)
- What is a Linked list, circular linked list, doubly linked list?
- Difference between task, thread, program, and software?
- Have you used multithreading in your project? (I didn’t)
- How will you use multithreading in your project?
- What is heap memory?
- What will happen if a memory allocated at the heap is not deleted?
- How will you check if a memory allocated at the heap is deleted or not? (I explained for both Java and CPP)
- What are the different types of DBMS functions?
- Which DBMS function will you use to get the maximum from a column?
- What are the different types of joins?
- What is a foreign key?
- Is it necessary to have the primary key of another table in a foreign key or any column that can be used? (He was trying to confuse me)
- What is the race condition?
- How will you prevent race conditions?
- What is mutex?
- Also, asked me about my location preference and whether I would prefer working on frontend or backend and what would I do if I had planned my holiday with my parents but urgent work came in office?
The interview experience was pretty good. I answered most of the questions and if I didn’t know one then simply stated that. Be confident when they’re trying to confuse you.
Note: I wasn’t asked questions on my projects but others were. So be thorough with your project.
Round 3: General HR questions were asked for about 15 mins and the interviewer was quite friendly.
- Introduce yourself.
- How many family members and what do they do?
- Everyone in your family has a govt job so why you’re applying for a private job?
- Strengths and weaknesses.
- Why Amdocs?
- Your biggest achievements.
- What do you do in your leisure time?
23 students were selected in the end.
Also thanks to a lot GeeksforGeeks team for providing such a great platform. You all helped me get a job so I’m contributing and would love to contribute more.