Amdocs Interview Experience (On-Campus)
After getting rejected from 4 companies, finally, I got a company for which I could jot down my interview experience. Amdocs visited our campus in the first week of October for the role of Software Developer and System Analyst.
ROUND 1 (Online Aptitude): This round had 5 sections.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Objectives on PL/SQL and Unix
- Coding, this section had 4 coding questions.
- Based on arrays. (choice between c/c++/Java)
- Based on graphs.(Choice between c/c++/java)
- Based SQL query using order by, Limit.
- Based SQL query using joins, Order by, group by, Limit, sum, average.
- Technical objectives.
- The choice between C/C++/java to solve the MCQs.
ROUND 2 (Psychometric Test): This was a 15 mins test that had 50 objective type questions. This was not a pass or fail test, this round was taken just to check your decisions in different situations.
ROUND 3(Technical Interview): This round lasted for about an hour. The first and very obvious question was to INTRODUCE YOURSELF! I was well versed with Python as I had mentioned it in my introduction, but the role actually involved working more using c++/java. So, the interviewer asked me if I had any experience with those languages, and I had a basic knowledge of c++/java, so I did not face any problem with these questions. He asked me to choose between any one of those and I choose c++.
Questions on OOP:
- What is OOP?
- Basic concepts of OOP?
- Explain polymorphism, abstraction, encapsulation, inheritance with real-life examples.
Questions on DSA:
- What is a binary search tree?
- What is preorder, inorder, post order traversal?
Questions on Coding:
- What is operator overloading?
- Write a code in c++/java to explain the concept and overload ‘+’ operator.
- Write a code to check if a number was even or odd using functions. He modified the question later and asked how to write the same logic without using the ‘%’ (modulo) operator.
Practice Link: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/help-nobita0532/1
Questions on DBMS:
- Which SQL query have you worked on?
- I was asked to write 8-9 queries on different situations which included the use of different types of joins, average, sum, group by, order by, limit functions.
Questions on Quantitative:
- Only one question was asked about finding the next group of alphabets in the series given.
ROUND 4 (HR Interview): Lasted for about 15mins.
- Introduce yourself.
- Family background.
- Why do you want to join Amdocs?
- Your strength and weaknesses.
- Your achievements.
- Are you comfortable working in shifts?
- Do you have any plans for higher studies?
- Have you interviewed any other company before?
- Always smile when you answer any question and answer confidently, it’s okay if your answer is incorrect, but if you have good confidence that overcomes your flaws.
- Try not to panic because even this shows you are not capable of handling stress.
- If you’re stuck in any question ask the interviewer for a few minutes and try to write the solution calmly on your paper.
- Even then if you are not able to answer the question, there are absolutely no issues at all. You can just politely say you don’t know the answer.
- HR interviews are IMPORTANT. Prepare for all common HR interviews beforehand.
- Prepare a good introduction, this itself creates a good impression when your interview starts (This is important for any round, be it technical or HR).
I would like to thank geeksGeeksforGeeks for geeks for helping me with improving my coding skills. I reached here after getting rejected from 4 companies, I had almost lost all my hopes, but I knew I had practised well and was still doing so, and with positive hope, I did not give up and finally got placed in Amdocs!!
Have Patience, believe in yourself and your hard work, be positive and keep learning! All the Best!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.