Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus 2020
Amdocs visited our campus in January 2020 for the post of Software Engineer Associate.
Round 1: Online Test
It was an online test of 2 hours duration on Lugo platform. The test consisted of 52 question, the last one being a coding question. The topics were :-
- SQL (intermediate level questions from basics, nested queries, joins)
- Unix commands (intermediate to hard level questions, you must have some experience of shell scripting to score well in these questions)
- C/C++/Java code snippets (questions on pointers, storage classes, strings, etc.)
- English (questions based on a given passage)
- Logical Reasoning (pattern completion, missing number, coding decoding questions)
- Aptitude (basic math questions on speed distance time, percentage, profit & loss, mensuration)
The coding question was either of the two :-
- Check if the given number is same as its reverse.
- Detect a cycle in a linked list.
300 students appeared for the test, out of which 74 qualified for the next round.
Round 2: F2F Technical Interview
The interview started with the generic “Tell me something about yourself”, and then proceeded towards technical subjects.
- Brief me about the OOP Concepts.
- What is polymorphism? Write a code to demonstrate.
- Write a method to validate a phone number.
- What is regex?
- SQL query to get distinct values
- SQL query to find 2nd highest value from a column.
- Unix command to make a new folder
- Can you create 5 consecutive folders into folders using a Unix command? How?
- OSI Networking Model
- Describe the function of each layer.
- What is a protocol?
- What is HTTP? IP addressing?
- What is software testing?
- SDLC? ISO?
- How would you work on a railway ticket booking system, starting to end, in accordance with the SDLC? What features/components would you test and how?
Round 3: HR Interview
- Tell me about your family background.
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Biggest achievement
- Do you have any offer in hand?
- Location preference
Out of 74, a total of 32 students made it through the final round. By the end of the day we were handed over the Offer Letters.