Amdocs visited our campus on October 1, 2020, for 2 roles, System Analyst and Developer, we were shortlisted for the roles based on our score in the online test.
Around 200 students appeared for the test.
Round 1 (Online Test): The test was conducted on hirepro platform. The test consisted of 4 sections.
- Aptitude Questions
- MCQs based on PL/SQL, Linux Commands, Shell scripting, OS, DBMS, and OOP.
- Programming – There were 4 problems in this section. 2 of them were coding questions and the other 2 were MySQL questions.
- MCQs based on C/C++/Java – Here we had to choose one language. There were 10 MCQs (Guess the output/DS) based on the language selected.
60 students were shortlisted after the online test.
Round 2 (Psychometric Test): This was a 15-min test. All the 60 students had to appear for the test.
Round 3 (Technical Interview):
- My technical contributions in the last 3 years.
- My role in the projects and internships that I had mentioned in the resume.
- What is the difference between C and C++? What are the features of C++? What are the classes and objects?
- What is data abstraction?
- Write a code to check whether the given number is Armstrong’s number or not. After executing the code, I was asked whether I could reduce the no. of variables that I had used before, and if yes execute the code again by reducing the no. of variables.
- Write code to reverse a string. I had written both the codes in C. The interviewer asked me to explain how will I use C++ to do the same.
- What is int in int main()? Why is return 0 used? Can I use return 1 or return 2 or return 3 or …. instead of return 0? Can I use void main() or string main() instead of int main()?
- What are constructors? Types of constructors? Syntax.
- If I have 2 objects say p1 and p2, what will happen if I write p1 + p2?
- Give real-life examples of stacks and queues?
- What is the difference between DELETE DROP and TRUNCATE?
The interview lasted for 45 min and in the end, the interviewer asked if I had any questions for him.
Round 4 (HR Round):
- Introduce yourself.
- Have you been to Pune from childhood?
- What do you like about Pune?
- What are your strengths?
- Are you a team player?
- What are your achievements?
- What are your hobbies?
- Why Amdocs?
- What do you know about Amdocs?
The interview lasted for 20 mins and in the end, the interviewer asked if I had any questions? The results were declared on the next day of the interview. 15 out of 60 students were selected.
Be confident when you speak. Even if you don’t know the complete answer to the question asked, tell the interviewer what you know. If you don’t know something is honest and tell them.
Go through the company’s website. If you have questions ask the interviewers, they will be more than happy to answer them.
Ask them for feedback or few suggestions after the interview. This will help you understand where you can improve or what you need to work upon. The interviewer will also tell you what you are good at.
ALL THE BEST !!!