Amdocs Interview Experience for Software Engineering Associate (On-Campus 2020)
Amdocs visited our campus in September 2020
- Eligibility: B.Tech, M.Tech & Dual ( CS & EC )
- Type (FTE/Internship): FTE
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Online Test
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
ROUND 1 (Online Test): The online test was held on the HirePro Platform. It had different sections. The test included MCQ questions from SQL, Linux Commands, C/C++ programming (Conceptual Questions on Pointers, References, Storage Class, etc.), Logical Reasoning, Aptitude questions.
The other section was the coding round, where 2 SQL queries and 2 coding questions were there. The duration of this section was 45 minutes.
- Given a paper of size, A x B. Task is to cut the paper into squares of any size. Find the minimum number of squares that can be cut from the paper. Paper Cut into Minimum Number of Squares
Practice Link: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/cutting-rectangles3659/1
- Given an array, divide it into two equal subsets, such that the difference between the sum of the elements in both arrays should be minimum.
Article Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/partition-a-set-into-two-subsets-such-that-the-difference-of-subset-sums-is-minimum/
Practice Link: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/minimum-sum-partition3317/1#
Tips: Go through a few of the Linux commands and practice some SQL questions. Hackerrank has some good SQL questions of different levels. The aptitude and English sections were easy.
ROUND 2 (Technical Interview): 35 students were shortlisted for the interview out of 60+ students. The duration of the interview was around 60-75 mins. The interview was held on the HirePRO platform, which had the option of pair coding.
It started with the question to rate yourself on C/C++ out of 10. They also had asked to rate me on SQL out of 5.
Below are some questions asked in the interview:
- Difference between overloading and overriding.
- Difference between void pointer and NULL pointer.
- What are function pointers? Write the code for it.
- Difference between truncate and delete (Must mention these 3 points – Rollback, speed, operation)
- What is Early binding and Late binding? Give Examples of both of them.
- Write the code to find the sum of digits of a number until the sum becomes a single digit. (It’s okay if you don’t give the most optimised solution) Finding the sum of digits of a number until sum becomes a single digit
Practice Link: https://practice.geeksforgeeks.org/problems/repetitive-addition-of-digits2221/1
- Write the query to get the 2nd highest salary in SQL.
- Write the query to get the count of students in each department in SQL (Given are students and department table)
- What is Grant in SQL?
- Asked a few Linux commands like, how to create a file in Linux, the difference between cp and mv commands.
- What is the Friend function?
- Difference between copy constructor and assignment operator? Write the code for it.
- What is a static variable?
- The difference in a static variable if declared in global and if declared inside a for loop
- The internal static variable vs External static variable with Examples in C
- You are given 10L, 5L, 3L empty water containers, and water sources. Determine a way to measure 4L of water
- What is the next number of given series 7,10,8,11,9,12….
- What do you know about the company? (This question also matters a lot)
It’s better if you know java. but it’s not a significant deciding factor.
2 interviewers took the interview. They were really friendly. They gave little hints as well in between. They judge how much you are clear with the fundamental concepts in the primary language mentioned by you in the CV and must have a decent knowledge of programming. They don’t ask difficult competitive programming questions.
Tips: Go through all the interview experiences present in GeeksForGeeks. You will have a clear idea about what they ask in their interviews. Also, Know about the company and its work culture before the interview.
3. ROUND 3 ( HR ROUND )
Around 10 students were shortlisted for the HR round. The duration was around 10 mins. The interview was also held on the HirePRO platform.
Below are some questions asked:-
- Tell me about your family
- Asked about the class 10th,12th, and B.Tech marks
- One strength and one weakness
- Why Amdocs?
- Do any relatives present in Amdocs?
- Any previous offer?
- The Biggest achievement
- Location preference
- Any plans for higher studies
Tips: Listen properly in the Pre Placement Talk and mentions a few points from it. Be prepared with your answer to the above questions.
Finally, 10 students were given the offer. (6 B.tech and 4 M.tech)