Amdocs Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | Pool Campus at NIT Silchar | NIT Agartala | August 2019
It was an online round from home with web cam. 2 Hrs Duration and One Simple Coding question along with question from OS, DBMS, Networking, Linux Command etc. Aptitude questions and English paragraph was also there in the exam.
Check if a Linked list contains a Loop.
Round 2:(Technical Round)
Interviewer was Friendly. He Started with My project and asked some questions on modifying my projects.
Then he Asked me around 5 simple coding questions as follows:-
- Check if a string is palindrome string without using library function.
- Input a number n and print Fizz if it is divisible by 3 and Print Buzz if it is divisible by 5 and Print FizzBuzz if it is divisible by 15.
- An array contains numbers like the numbers are increasing upto a index then it is decreasing, you dont know that special index. Search a number in O(n) time with minimum JDK Operation.
- Design an Object Oriented Programming Structure for different festival sales like Diwali, Eid, Holi where each festival has different discount % for different priced program.
- There is an array of numbers. Print the first 3 numbers as it is and then swap next two numbers and print and again next 3 numbers as it is and so on.
You have to write the code for all.
Then he asked some queries on MySql as follows:-
- Find out the Number of records in a table and a follow up question like what will happen if I give COUNT(0) inplace of COUNT(*) in that query.
- Find the number of duplicate records in a table.
- Find the Second Highest salary of an employee from an employee table.
Then he asked some Question on Object Oriented Programming(OOP) as follows:-
- What are all the properties of OOP? Explain them.
- What happens when we override a constructor.
- Late Binding and Early Binding.
- What is virtual function?
- Write code for implementing abstract class.
Then He asked me a Puzzle like What is the maximum run can be scored by a Batsman in a 50 Over Match provided no extra are scored.
Then the round concludes and I was asked to wait. 30 Min Later result came and I got selected for HR Round.
Round 3:(HR Round)
It was a typical HR Round. He asked about me and my family background and then he asked about if I have applied or placed in any other company. Little Discussion about life at Amdocs. Then he asked about Location Constariant. What are my Achievements? A Little talk about Projects I have done and my hobbies.
Then He asked If I had any Question. I asked Some Questions and the round was concluded.
After 2 Hr Final Result came 7 Students from NIT Agartala were Placed including 5 from BTech CSE and 1 from MTech CSE and 1 From MCA. And I was One of them.
The interview Experience of geeksforgeeks were very very helpful.