AMD Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
AMD stands for Advanced Micro Devices. AMD came to our campus in April 2021 to recruit interns for 9 months and the process was virtual. They asked for M.Tech (Computer science and VLSI and some electrical branch). We were a total of 750 students, and they just selected students by the basis of resume and provided the shortlisted of 40 students for the interview. Among 40 I was also a shortlisted candidate for the interview. They mailed with the Microsoft Teams link to join the meeting at 11:30 and the meeting lasts for 2 hours. Because two interviewers have interviewed me.
(My Project) – The questions were asked regarding my project.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Can you tell me what all layers you have used in the convolutional layers? (My Project)
- What is Max pooling layer? (My Project)
- Where does fully connected layer comes after convolutional layer or pooling layer? (My Project)
- Can you list some activation functions? (My project)
- What is the difference between sigmoid function and RELU function? (My Project)
- Can you tell in which programming language are you strong?
- Programming question
ptr = 5, n=5;
Does this code have any error while compiling if is it, so can you tell me what are the errors?
- I am giving a list [2,5,3,4,6,9,10] can you print the numbers present in the even number index of list using list comprehension?
- Can you write a recursive code for factorial of a number?
Meanwhile, The next interviewer joined the meeting and asked me to take a 5 min break and come and join the meeting. These are the conversation between the second interviewer.
Interview – 2
- Tell me about yourself?
- What was your inference from your project?
- What are your future works based on your project?
- Can you tell me linux command for checking the ram size?
- linux command to list file with their file size
- linux command to check the cpu usage
- Can you tell me in which programming language are you strong?
- How do you check the size of data type in C?
- Without using sizeof operator how do you find the size of the particular data type?
- A list is given [1,2,3,4,5] and output [1,4,9,16,25] you can use any programming language.
- Take the case above and get the same output using dictionary.
- Print 1 to 100 without using any loop write a C program.
- A string is given “MALAYALAM” and output should be “MALY” you can use any programming language.
- Without using dictionary how do you remove the duplicate items regarding the before question?
- Can you list storage classes in C.
- Using static can you write a C program to find the radius of the circle.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get selected they selected 23 students most of the students are from the electronic branch.
No worries failure is just a hurdle in the way to success. So try-hard. Don’t lose hope.
I will meet you on another blog.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.