AMD stands for Advanced Micro Devices. AMD is an American multinational semiconductor company that develops computer processors and related technologies. It is based in Santa Clara County, California. AMD’s main products include microprocessors, motherboard Chipsets, embedded processors and graphics processors for servers, workstations, personal computers and embedded systems applications etc. It was created by Jerry Sanders on May 1, 1969. AMD’s latest high end processors include Ryzen series which have high power and speed.
Here are Some famous and best AMD CPUs nowadays:
- AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
- AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
- Processors can be of 2(dual) core, 4(quad) core, 6(hexa) core or 8(octa) core type.
- Advance clock calibration is there in today’s AMD processors
- AMD overdrive allows the real time adjustments in the systems.
- low voltage and power utilization.
- AMD’s 64 bit processors have backward support for 32 bit systems also.
- Enhanced virus protection is also an interesting feature of today’s AMD processors.
- The Price to Performance is always higher, you get more for your money.
- Motherboards of AMD processors are cheaper, money is saved there also.
- Latest AMD processors have low energy and power utilization.
- AMD Processors Can Detect Malware and viruses as these processors have Enhanced Virus Protection for better security.
- AMD Processors can handle 64-bit Applications very well.
- AMD processors heat very much.
- AMD processors makes much noise which is quite irritating.
- AMD processors quite lack behind in multimedia support.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.