Amazon WOW Interview Experience
I applied for the role of SDE Intern (6 Months) through Amazon WOW drive 2022. There were a total of 3 rounds (1 OA + 1 coding test + 1 interview). I gave the interview in offline mode, but if you can’t come up as per the location, they take the virtual interviews as well.
Round 1: Round 1 was an online coding round consisting of 2 coding questions and 28 MCQs based on C, C++, Java, data structures, algorithms, Linux commands, SQL queries, and core subjects. This round was for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
I solved both coding questions completely. After getting shortlisted, I went forward with another coding test.
Round 2: In this round, there are 2 coding questions that need to solve under 90 minutes on the HackeRank platform.
- Problem 1: https://leetcode.com/discuss/interview-question/1779795/amazon-oa-1-sde-summer-intern-2022
- Problem 2: https://leetcode.com/discuss/interview-question/1759648/amazon-oa-sde-intern-amazon-sign-in-pages-register-login-logout
I solved both coding questions completely. After getting shortlisted, I went forward with 1 round of interviews for 6 month internship.
Round 3: They asked me a total of 3 coding questions, and about my previous internships as I have or regarding the project were made.
Internship: prepare well for this as I don’t, they asked what the project is, and what’s your role in that project. what tech stack you worked on, and how the data is stored(important).
Coding problem 1:
- This is a very easy question on Linked List Reverse of Linked List. I gave him 3 approaches.
- Naive approach:- with array and creating new LL.
- Recursive Approach:- using recursion I reverse the list.
- Iterative Approach:- To give him a very optimized solution I come up with this one.
Coding problem 2:
Coding problem 3:
- After seeing the level in the previous questions, I thought now he asked me a hard-level question.
- But no, it’s a very easy question if you are good in DFS or trees Max Area of Island., marked as a medium.
- I gave him the optimized approach directly and he was also got satisfied with my solution.
- Always start with a brute force approach and go up with the optimized one.
- Do check out the previously asked questions before the interview it really helps a lot.
- If you are not familiar with the data structure they asked for, tell them without wasting time.
- If you got the chance to give an interview offline, must go for it, as this is a very nice experience, and whatever you have thought it’s visible to the interviewer.
Thank you, May it helps.