Amazon WOW Interview Experience 2021
I applied for the 2 months SDE intern role through Amazon WOW drive 2021. There were a total of 3 rounds for people who applied for 2 months internship program and 4-5 rounds for people applying for 6 months internship program.
Round 1: It was an online test on Mettl Platform, consisting of 1 coding question and 40 MCQs covering topics like Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL queries, Linux, Networking, Software Engineering, etc.
- The coding question was a slight variation of https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/longest-palindromic-substring-set-2/ and there was no negative marking for the multiple-choice questions. This round was of 1 hour 30 minutes.
- I did the coding question with all the test cases passed and also did most of the MCQs. After a few days, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for the second round.
Round 2: It was an online test conducted on AMCAT platform, consisting of 4 sections.
- The first section (20 minutes) was the debugging section and consisted of 7 very easy code snippets which had to be debugged to get the desired output.
- The second section (70 minutes) was the coding section and consisted of 2 coding questions. The first question was a medium level DP problem for me and the second question was a hard level problem based on Disjoint Sets.
- The third section (20 minutes) was Workstyle Assessment. It was kind of a survey and the last section (35 minutes) consisted of Logical Reasoning questions.
- I did the debugging and the Logical Reasoning section completely. And was able to do the first coding problem with all the test cases passed and the second problem partially. After around 15 days, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for the interview round.
Round 3(Interview Round): My interview was scheduled to be on 19th September. It was a 1 hour interview on Amazon Chime.
- The interviewer started with his introduction and then, asked for mine.
- Then, he straight away gave me a coding question. It was a medium-hard level question based on BSTs, Hashing and Heaps. It took me some time to come up with the approach but finally I was able to give an optimized solution.
- The interviewer seemed satisfied with my approach and asked me to code the solution in any desired language.
- Then, he gave me another coding problem which was based on Dynamic Programming. I was able to convince the interviewer with my approach and coded the solution correctly for the second problem also.
- The interview ended there.
I got a selection mail from Amazon on 23rd September.
For the interview round, Communication is the key. The interviewers are very kind and are there to help you out only. Discuss with them whatever approach comes to your mind. I would suggest being patient and calm during the interview. Think out loud. And always hope for the best.
I would like to thanks GeeksforGeeks for being the one-point destination for my interview preparation. Best of luck everyone!