Amazon WoW Internship Interview Experience 2021
I applied for the 2 month SDE intern role through Amazon WoW drive 2021. There were a total of 3 rounds for people who applied for 2 months internship program and 4-5 rounds for people applying for 6 months internship program.
Round 1: It was an online test on Mettl Platform of 1 hr 30 mins, consisting of 1 coding question and 40 MCQs, 5 MCQ questions in each section where sections included Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL queries, Linux, Networking, Software Engineering.
- The coding question was a greedy one for me which i was able to complete. After a few days, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for the second round.
Round 2: It was an online test conducted on the AMCAT platform, consisting of 4 sections.
- The first section (20 minutes) was the debugging section and consisted of 7 very easy code snippets which had to be debugged to get the desired output. I was able to do all.
- The second section (70 minutes) was the coding section and consisted of 2 coding questions. The first question was an Easy level greedy problem for me and the second was a hard-level dynamic programming problem.
- Given a string str that represents a large number, the task is to find the minimum number of segments the given string can be divided such that each segment is a prime number in the range of 1 to 106. Example: Input: str = “13499315” Output: 3 ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/split-the-given-string-into-primes-digit-dp/ )
- The third section (20 minutes) was Workstyle Assessment. It was kind of a survey.
- The last section (35 minutes) consisted of Logical Reasoning questions.
- I did the debugging and the Logical Reasoning section completely. And was able to do both the coding questions as well. After around 15 days, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for the interview round.
Round 3(Interview Round): It was a 1-hour interview on Amazon Chime.
- The interviewer started with his introduction and then, asked for mine.
- Then, he straight away gave me a coding question. It was a medium-hard level question based on Binary Tree which was Given a binary tree, find the maximum path sum. The path may start and end at any node in the tree. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-maximum-path-sum-in-a-binary-tree/ )
- The interviewer seemed satisfied with my approach and asked me to code the solution in any desired language.
- Then, he gave me another coding problem which was based on Dynamic Programming. I was able to convince the interviewer with my approach and coded the solution correctly for the second problem also. Given a text and a wildcard pattern, implement wildcard pattern matching algorithm that finds if wildcard pattern is matched with text. The matching should cover the entire text (not partial text). The wildcard pattern can include the characters ‘?’ and ‘*’ ‘?’ – matches any single character ‘*’ – Matches any sequence of characters (including the empty sequence). ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/wildcard-pattern-matching/ )
- The last question was to find the number of times a sorted array was rotated. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-rotation-count-rotated-sorted-array/ )
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...