Amazon SDE intern experience
Round 1: The first round was an online coding + aptitude + debugging test.
- There were 2 coding questions – is path possible in 2 D matrix and the other one was very similar to a linear search in a 2D matrix.
- 70 minutes were provided for these questions.
- The debugging questions were also fairly easy, simple replacement of || operator by && types.
- The aptitude questions were also simple and ample time was provided for them.
- Candidates had to solve both coding questions, all debugging questions and perform well in the aptitude section also to qualify for the next round.
Round 2: The second round was an interview round. My interviewer asked me 4 questions and also asked me to code all of them after discussing the solution. Below is the list of questions asked:
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- The first question was to Find the Next Greater Element, optimized solution was expected.
- The second question was to find the mirror tree of a given binary tree.
- The third question was similar to the first question, the interviewer thought of the question on the spot but if someone knew the answer to the first question then this question would not be a problem.
- The last question was to find the min cost of joining n rods.
There were no more rounds conducted for the candidates, amazon selected the candidates on the basis of these 2 rounds.