I got interview call via LinkedIn.
Round 1: 1st round was coding round on some coding platform(I don’t remember the name as it is not well known).
2 questions were there. They were very basic questions which requires little knowledge about how lists within list works. I solved them by brute force method and it worked fine.
After 1 month I got call for F2F rounds.
Round 2: F2F (only DS round 1 hour)
For all DS rounds Interviewer/s will first ask the approach and complexity of the solution and if it is not a optimal solution they will ask to further optimize it. They might also suggest some alternative approaches and ask to compare your approach with their approach. Then they will ask you to write production quality code i.e. covering all corner cases, optimized loops, no code repetition etc (They take these points seriously :))
Round 3: F2F (DS + Design 1.5 hour)
- Find first non repeating character from a stream of characters
Find the first non-repeating character from a stream of characters
- Design tiny URL
Most of the discussion was on HLD. Different approaches and there advantages and disadvantages were asked.
Discussion was mainly around services involved, failures, recovery, and little bit about database (sql vs nosql).
Suggestion: In HLD discussions don’t directly start with tech terms like kafka, zookeeper etc etc(It is good to know about these technologies). Start with block diagram and identify the micro-services of your system and how they are calling each other. If the interviewer asks you about technologies then you can tell.
Round 4: F2F (DS + Design 1 hour)
1. Given a partially filled Sudoku. Write a code to check if that partially filled Sudoku is valid or not.
2. Design all-in-one messenger system.
Round 5: F2F (Bar Raiser 1 hour)
Discussion about current work and projects. Too many behavioral questions it is good if you come prepared with.
1. Design food delivery app (HLD + Class diagram + Sequence Diagram)
Round 6: F2F (DS + Design 45-50 mins)
- Print matrix diagonally
- Design book my show (HLD and Only high level discussion)
Verdict: I got selected.
Suggestion for design rounds:
HLD: come up with high level and basic block diagram first then identify the micro-services of your system.
LLD: Identify the classes of the system. Try to put functions/responsibilities in correct class(interviewers checks that thoroughly). Try to design reusable classes i.e. it could be used by some other similar apps also. Then you should have good idea about the object flow i.e. which would be the main controller class and how the different classes calls each other.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 340 (3.5 years experienced for SDE 1)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE 1 (2.5 Years Experienced)
- Amazon SDE-2 Experience (6.5 Years Exp)
- Amazon interview experience | SDE-1 | 2.5 years experienced
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE 2 (3 years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1(0 - 2 years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE 1 (1.5 years Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE(1-2 years)
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 (1-1.5 years experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience - SDE 2 (3+ Years)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | 1.3 years Experienced (Aug-2020)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 151 (SDE-2 3.5 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 169 (SDE 2 for 3.5 years experience)
- Hike Interview Experience | Set 7(For SDE iOS) | 2+ Years Experience
- Flipkart Interview Experience(1.10 years experience SDE 1)
- Groupon Interview Experience -SDE 2 (6 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.