Amazon Scotland was hiring for the position of SDE-2. I just happened to get knowledge of their opportunities from a friend. I had applied, but did not really think about getting shortlisted. However, my resume for shortlisted and I received an email to choose a date for telephonic interview. I had given the 1st round interview, and could not clear it. I would however like to share my interview experience.
Question 1: Approximately how many lines of code have you written till now?
I answered this question in a very subjective and calculative manner. I counted the number of courses and approximately the number of projects I had done till the time. Then I fixed an average code size for each project. And gave him an approximate answer. He seemed to be satisfied with the approach.
Question 2: Given a file with large number of sentences, choose a sentence randomly where all sentences have equal probability.
I could not really solve this question. I gave him few approaches like counting number of sentences and then choosing a random between and then choosing a line. However, I later realized I could have normalized the sentence length by subtracting mean length and dividing by standard variance. But I am not sure if this approach would have satisfied the interviewer.
These were the only technical questions asked.
Below are a few behavioral questions I was asked.
Question 1: What was the biggest problem you faced till now while developing a project and how did you resolve it?
Question 2: What would you do if you feel biased towards a team member during an ongoing project?
And with this the interview was completed.
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Interview Experience
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Experience (On-Campus for Internship)
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) - Interview Experience - Software Developer
- Royal Bank of Scotland Interview Experience | Set 2 (Software Designer)
- Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Interview Experience for Software Engineer(Java)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 138 (For SDE 1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 139
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 335
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 224
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.