Please find the details of my Amazon interviews below.
Date of Interviews: 1 Sept 2012
No of Rounds: 4
Type of Interviews: Walk-in for 1 yr experienced
Question 1:- Given a 2D array containing only 0/1’s and each row is in sorted order. Find the row which contains maximum number of 1s.
I was asked to code. Algo which I told was I will search position of first 1 in 1st row using binary search. And mark it. Now note that position check in 2nd row. If there is 1 for that position already found in 1st row, then binary search from 0 to that position else move to row number 3. Similarly continue further.
Question 1:- Given a Binary tree and two nodes. Need to find the minimum ancestor, no parent nodes given.
Each time when I told answer, they modified question little bit or removed some extra storage which I was taking.
Question 1:- Given an array of infinite size containing 0/1 only and in sorted order, find position of first one.
My answer: first check whether 1 is present at 100th position or not if there, do binary search between 0 and 100 else check 1 is there at 200th position, and similarly continue further.
Question 2:- Given life time of different elephants find period when maximum number of elephants lived. ex [5, 10], [6, 15], [2, 7] etc. year in which max no elephants exists.
Other questions were regarding Operating system like virtual memory etc.
It was HR round. Questions related to project. Questions like why I should Hire you etc were asked.
Result is still on wait.
This article is compiled by Naveen Kumar Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 249 (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 180 (Telephonic Interview )
- Amazon Interview Experience (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview -SDE 1 Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview | Set 104
- Amazon Interview | Set 102
- Amazon Interview | Set 18
- Amazon Interview | Set 107 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview | Set 20
- Amazon Interview | Set 21
- Amazon Interview | Set 22
- Amazon Interview | Set 28
- Amazon Interview | Set 93
- Amazon Interview | Set 91