Amazon Interview | Set 118 (On-Campus for Internship)
The selection procedure consisted of an online round followed by two Personal Interviews.
The first round had 20 MCQs and two coding questions. The MCQs were based on the concepts from OS, DSA, compilers, architecture etc.
The coding questions were:
1. Given an array of positive and negative numbers, arrange them in an alternate fashion such that every positive number is followed by negative and vice-versa maintaining the order of appearance.
2. Given a n x m matrix, print the elements diagonal wise from top to bottom.
First round of PI :
1. Given a number n find the number of balanced parentheses expressions of that length.
Output: 1 which is (),
Output: 2 which are (()) and ()().
I gave a complex solution involving segment tree in which he pointed out the mistakes and then asked to write a code to check if a given expression is balanced or not.
2. Tell something about LRU. What DS will you use for it? Write pseudo code for it.
(Hint : Quite simple..Use doubly LL)
Second round of PI:
The interviewer introduced himself first and then asked me about myself.
We had a discussion on my projects.
1. Given two binary trees, write pseudo code to determine if one is a subtree of the other. I answered it and then he modified the question to check if the other tree elements are the subset of the elements of the first tree. (Hint: Inorder traversal)
2. Given a sorted circular linked list which is rotated at some point, write pseudo code to insert a new node. Ex: 8 1 2 5 7 and insert 6.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Login to comment...