I recently got interviewed in Amazon Chennai for SDE1.
Round1: Was a written round that contains 3 programming question. (Need to write an optimized code).
- Given a sorted array and we need to make a balanced BST out of it.
- Given a boolean 2D matrix which is row-wise sorted. Need to print the line which contains maximum no of 1’s.
- Next larger element
Round2: Was a F2F interview.
- This round is started with the introduction and then a coding question.
From a given array print all the unique triplets which add up to zero. The interviewer is expecting a solution in o(n^2 log(n)) or better.
Round3: Was a F2F interview.
- In this round Interviewer discussed in brief about the projects in my current company and about my role in the project.
- Coding question Given a tree print all the nodes(up and down) which are k distance from a particular node.
Round4: This is a bar raiser round.
- A brief discussion of my current role.
- Given a graph write a function to find if it a tree or not. (Also asked few more graph-related algorithms)
- Few puzzle questions.
Round5: F2F interview.
- Given a lot of strings write a function to find words which are mutually inclusive in most of the strings.
- Then asked a few more question related to the above question.
- Convert a float to a string without using any inbuilt functions.
- Few puzzle questions. And discussion of Projects.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.