Amazon Interview Experience | Set 431 (For SDE2)
I was interviewed for SDE2 role at Amazon, Bangalore. I had 3 years of experience at the time of getting interviewed.
Round 1 : Coding Test ———————————————————————————————————–
– Explain design patterns used so far.
– How is code review done.
– How is design review done.
– Write a program to search a number in a sorted array having 1 maxima.
– Write a program to check parenthesis are matching.
Round 2 : Technical Round ——————————————————————————————————-
– What type of cache do you use in your projects/SYstem.
– Design a LRU cache having methods
– get(K Key)
– put(K key, V Value)
– remove(K Key)
They wanted a Library such as Redis which takes generic input.(Using generics)
Round 3 : Hiring Manager Round ————————————————————————————————–
– A brief introduction
– Almost 15 minute discussion about what App Store in Amazon does
– Explained my project in detail.
– A very detailed description of technical challenge faced (it includes HLD, LLD and the solution offered)
– Design google’s Autocomplete feature.
– Which areas of yours would you like to improve upon? (Both technical and non-technical)
– Write a program for finding K largest elements in an array.
Round 4 : Technical Round ——————————————————————————————————-
– In a linked list find Kth elements from end in a single traversal.
– Given a 2-D matrix of 0s and 1s, find the number of groups of adjacent 1s given that diagonal 1s are not included.
This was the famous Islands problem using connected components in Graph.
Round 5 : Design Round ———————————————————————————————————-
– Design BookMyShow. All the microservices which are involved their APIs and HLL design was expected.
How will you resolved the concurrency issue when 2 customers try to book same seat.
Round 6 : Bar Raiser Round
– A brief introduction
– Complete design of my project HLD, LLD, UI, DB etc.
– Responsibilities in the current company
– Why do you want to change your company
– Any task/project which was designed and implemented in less time but had a great impact on the production/Business Side.
– Have you been appreciated for your task more than your expectations.
– Time when you did not agree with your manager.
– have you lead anyone ? how do you review code ?
– how do you review design?
– What are you weaknesses ?
– Any project which you feel proud for?
Overall the process was very smooth and HR was very supportive.
After a few days I got a call saying I was selected 🙂
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!