Codding round (90 min):
20 objectives from DS, OS, DBMS, Networking and 2 coding questions:
- Given a binary string (e.g. 01, 101, 011), in each iteration 0 becomes 01 and 1 becomes 10, find kth character in the string after nth iteration. GeeksforGeeks Link
simple approach, time complexity, express time complexity in terms of n only
efficient approach, explanation, time complexity
- Given n ropes of different lengths, connect them into one rope. cost to connect two ropes is equal to sum of their lengths. connect the ropes in minimum cost :
- When and why merge sort is preferred over quicksort – time/space complexity
- Project discussion
- Make binary tree symmetric – which all cases are possible, which traversal is used and why
- Make half of the linked list reverse (iterative, recursive) and some questions from linked list
- Recursion, data structure that is used in recursion
- C++ string, overloading of + operator in string class
- Design a data structure to show most frequently purchased item to a customer, show items that are frequently purchased in a given time span GeeksforGeeks Link
- Priority_queue, map/unordered_map, sliding window concept
- Search a given word in a dictionary (approach, time complexity, cost of insertion/deletion of new word in different data structures) GeeksforGeeks Link
- Binary search tree, AVL tree (Rotation, Insertion, Deletion), Trie data structure
- Search a pattern in given string (Simple approach & Using KMP algorithm), handle all the cases GeeksforGeeks Link
- LRU Cache Implementation
- Introduce Yourself
- Project discussion
- Convert a given Integer to its corresponding Roman numeral GeeksforGeeks Link
- Hamiltonian cycle & few graph questions (Cycle in directed/undirected graph) GeeksforGeeks Link
In between they asked some questions from OS, DBMS, Networking:
– Belady’s Anomaly, Context Switching, Conflict Serializability, Functions of some OSI-layers etc..
This article is contributed by Abhinav. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.