I recently interviewed at Amazon for the SDE-2 position.
Round – 1
This round was taken by the hiring manager
1. did you ever have a conflict with your manager and how did you resolve it
2. did you ever have a conflict with a peer or junior and how did you resolve it
3. Did you ever have to deliver on a tight deadline and how did you stick to it.
4. design Uber
Round – 2
This was one of the coding round
2. print zig-zag level order traversal
Round – 3
this was again taken by a different dev-manager
1. what is the toughest project (technically) you have worked, how much did you contribute to it and given a chance to rewrite it what all would you change
2. given an existing problem solved by his team and told me to write down the possible ways to solve it.
3. how did you train/groom the juniors in the team
4. how do you do a code review
5. how else did you contribute to the team other than the regular feature implementation.
round – 4
this was again a coding round
1. LCS of 2 strings
Round – 5
this was a HLD and LLD round
1. design a furniture selling site
was asked to design the HLD of the services involved and give their scaling constraints
2. was asked to write down the classes and then the corresponding DB schema
Round – 6
this was the bar raiser round
1. quick intro and reasoning for all the job switches
2. take up 1 project and explain it in depth. Explain the design decisions, constraints, throughput, test coverage etc. Given more time what all features would you add to it.
3. give an instance where you had to push back your manager/lead keeping the long term benefit of the product in mind.
4. a variation of the merging k sorted arrays ( here instead of arrays it was files, large files which would not fit in the memory).
5. write down the code(classes) for the same.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 (3 years exp)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 | 3+ years Experienced
- Walmart Interview Experience for SDE2 | Set 19 (3.8 years experience)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 114 (2.5 Years Experienced for SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 154 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 260 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 324 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 381 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 430 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 431 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE2
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2
- Interview Experience of Amazon - SDE2
- Flipkart Interview Experience | Set 28 (For SDE2)
- Groupon Interview Experience | Set 4 (SDE2 for Experienced)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (For SDE2)
- ixigo Interview Experience | For SDE2 Backend
- Traveloka Interview Experience for SDE2
- Flipkart Interview Experience for SDE2 (2.5 yr Exp.)
- Interview Experience for SDE2 at OneDirect