Amazon visited our campus on 12th August. There were 5 rounds namely –
1) Written round
2) – 5) All technical rounds with increasing difficulty levels
The written round consisted of 20 mcqs ( OS, DBMS, CPP , C , JAVA and Aptitude basic level ) and two Hacker Rank coding questions –
1) Overlapping subsets problem and
2) The longest path in a given binary tree
The technical rounds took 1 hour each.
In the first technical round I was asked to check whether a given tree is a complete binary tree or not and then to code both recursive and non-recursive version of it. It also included another question like to find whether a number is a power of 2 or not.
The 2nd technical round had questions like what is a symmetric number, how will you check if its a symmetric number. And then he asked me to find all the symmetric numbers of given n-digits. I wasn’t able to do the last part.
The 3rd technical round consisted of a string compression problem. Given a string like AAABBBCDEFGHIJKLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL – you have to compress it to a string like A3B3C1D1E1F1G1H1K1L15. The question was to be done in O(n) and inplace.
The 4th technical round consisted of the popular dynamic programming problem of cutting sticks of various length and merging them to form a bigger stick keeping in mind that you have to decrease the overall cost of merging.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon interview experience for SDE II
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-2
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 361
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 371 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 181 (For SDE 1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 344 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 343 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 392 (For SDE 2)