Amazon Interview Experience | Set 296 (On Campus for Internship)
Online round (1 hour 30 min)
20 MCQs + 2 coding questions-
1) Given an expression string exp, write a program to examine whether the pairs and the orders of “(” and “)” are correct in syntax
2) Given preorder and inorder traversal of a binary tree, print preoder and inorder of the tree after modifying it such that each node stores the sum of its left and right subtree.
(building the tree was not required)
Technical round 1 ( 1hr 30 min) F2F
1) Given a string of characters find the first non repeating character.
did it with hashing.
He asked me to do it using one loop. I did it by taking two pointers.
2) Given a list of vehicles group vehicles by their property.
All vehicles with same production year and other parameters are to be grouped together.
He asked me to write object oriented code.
I did it with list of lists.
Then He asked me to modify the code considering the production year and other parameters as objects and not just integer or string variables.
He was looking for some better method for comparison of two vehicles . I did it operator overloading inside the vehicle class.
Technical round 2 (1 hour 30 min) F2F
1. Given two numbers return the sum of the two numbers considering all the cases(like integer overflow, underflow etc).
2. Given array of elements denoting price of some objects, print the maximum sum that can be obtained following some constraints-
i)only one of the two ends from the array can be selected at a time
ii)the seller can sell only one item per day
iii)the value of each of the elements gets multiplies by the number of days passed.
I did it with dynamic programming.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above