MCQ – Memory management , angle between hands of clock at a certain time , Inheritance etc
Coding :- There were 2 coding questions
2) Given some friends on Facebook say A, B, C, D. and their friendship as AB and B C
We need to find out the minimum Hops from a query say:- for A to C the hops should be 2 A to B and B to C , (Floyd Warshall Algorithm)
I solved approximately 17 correct MCQ’s out of 20 and Both the Coding questions.
This round was the longest . (1 hour 40 min) approx
first slight discussion on a project . I was discouraged to explain in detail and asked to give high level discussion .
3 questions :-
1) if we throw light from the left of a tree , what nodes receive light .
2) extended first question and asked boundary traversal of a tree
3) asked to search an element in a sorted and rotated array
Round 3 :-
2 questions :-
1) Given an array of positive and negative integers we need to find the longest subarray where sum =0
first gave o(n^3) then o(n^2) then finally o(n)time+o(n)space
2) given an array of size n-1 and given that there are numbers from 1-n with one missing ,the missing number was to be found
(1 hour 15 min)
4 questions :-
1) given a number line from -infinity to +infinity what are the mnimum number of hops required to reach a number given the condition at step j I can take j steps forward and j steps backward
2)what datastructure to use to implement best fit algorithm , I gave a skip lists solution which i thought was a strong solution
3)Traverse a binary tree in zig zag order – very common question
4) given some values [M] [T] [R/W]
M- memory address
T- time slice
R/W- Read/ write
the number of conflicts were needed to be found out !
I couldn’t make it after this round –
Why I got into such a predicament was because I was to excited and was asking too many questions and trying to discuss CS concepts which were unrelated to the problem in hand .
Only 2 tips :-
1) Geeks for Geeks is a MUST, so is GeeksQuiz
2) Speak as little as possible the interviewers would not be interested in answering your questions with the time constraint that they have , Short discussions are acceptable but I was trying to ask too many questions and telling them about stuff I knew without them asking .
Thank you Geeks for Geeks for making answering amazon questions easy !!
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 180 (Telephonic Interview )
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 249 (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 287 (On-Campus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 189 (For SDE-1)