Here’s my interview experience for Amazon, Bangalore for SDE
Round 1 (F2F)
Q1.) Given a function rev(int i) which reverses the segment of array ar from 0-i, Implement a function sort() using rev().
Q2.) Given an array ar of length ‘n’ and an integer ‘k’ such that k < n. You need to maintain a window of size 'k' starting from i=0 to i=k and print the MAX of that segment. The window moves forward by 1 element. Round 2 (F2F)
Q1.) (Variant of Children-Sum Problem)
Given a tree, implement a function which replaces a node’s value with the sum of all its childrens’ value, considering only those children whose value is less than than the main node’s value.
Eg: input = 60->50->80->40 , output = 90->40->40->0
Q2.) There are millions of string in the database. How would you store them for efficient searching. You also need to print all anagrams together many times, now how would you store them and insert if a new string is added to database ?
Round 3 (F2F – Hiring Manager Round)
* Why are you leaving the company so early ?
* Discussions on project and current work in the previous company.
* Discussion on college projects.
* Design a game ‘fifteen’ – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/15_puzzle
Game me to write code of various moves, discussed optimization strategies and time-complexity if computer is given to solve it.
* Behavioral questions.
Round 4 (Telephonic)
Q1.) Most challenging problem faced (obviously in projects), how you solved it.
Q2.) Discussion on Design patterns.
Q3.) Design Uber – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uber_(company)
He was trying to judge what all aspects the person considers
Classes, Objects, search and booking cab algorithms, implementation and technology
Q4.) Extension of previous question – Write code to search nearest 10 cabs.
Code is required in all questions. Practice code on paper.
Thanks Geeksforgeeks for providing such a good platform to prepare.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-2
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 428 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 346 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE 2
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 418 (For SDE 2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 371 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 148
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 348 (For SDE II)