I received interview call from amazon.com (Bangalore) for SDE1 position for 1.5 year experience.
Round 1: 1 hour – written test at amazon office.
Q1. Given a set of strings, find the alphabets common to all strings.
<I used Hashmaps>
Round 2: F2F 1.5 hour
Given a huge file with large number of words, code a function that would take a word as input and print all anagrams of that word present in the file as output. Function has to be really really fast alsmo O(1) run time. You are allowed to take as much time and resources for pre processing the file once. But after pre-processing function should perform in O(1) time.
<Use hashmap, and fact that all anagrams have similar alphabetical order of letters>
Create a hash function for above.
He then asked, another way instead of Hash ?
How to optimize searching among this linked list of heads of other linked lists.
Round 3: F2F 1 hour
Only one question – Print leftmost and rightmost node at every level of binary tree.
Round 4: F2F 1 hour
Eg: I/p Amaz??n,
o/p Amaz00n, Amaz10n, Amaz01n, Amaz11n
Round 5: Telephonic 1.5 hour
Write a code (online shared collab document) to check whether a tree satisfies children-sum property.
Write a code (online shared collab document) to convert a given tree to a tree that satisfies children-sum property.
Some questions related to Operating Systems
Major differece between thread and process
CPU Scheduling difference between process and threads.
Necessary and sufficient conditions for a deadlock Deadlock
Suppose you have a list of 1 billion integers, find 1 million largest integers in this list.
List can have repeatative elements, max memory limit is 1 million numbers
Asked to calculate time complexity for my algorithm
Round 6: F2F 1 hour
Discussion on current work. You must know what you are working on in detail as you would be grilled
Top 3 features I would put on a website portal if I’m launching a cab service. (Non-technical)
Write code for scheduling algorithms for such a cab services provided you have a list of future bookings, and list of cabs in your fleet.
<I was asked to write OOP paradigm code>
Try to interact continuously with interviewer. Keep thinking aloud and keep discussing with interviewers your ideas and approaches
Prepare Data structures, in particular binary tree very thoroughly.
Hope this helps. 🙂
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 165 (For SDE I)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 165 (Software Engineer)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 189 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 126 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 129 (For SDE 1 Off-Campus)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 132 (For SDE Intern)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 134 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 135 (On-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 136 (For SDE-T)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 137 (Assessment test for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 138 (For SDE 1)