Amazon Interview Experience SDE1 | Off-campus
Round 1: Online coding + MCQs
MCQ consisted of Data Structures, Algorithms, Code Output of C/C++ snippets (Pointers).
- Count trailing zeroes in factorial of a number
- Find the minimum height of Binary Tree for a given inorder and level order traversals
Round 2: F2F Problem Solving
Initially, Interviewer asked current job role and introduction and then start coding questions. In this round, they asked two questions
- Find the square root of number up to 3 precision
- Design queue using stack
Round 3: F2F Problem Solving
In this round also Interviewer asked two coding questions. For the second question, he gave some used cases and explained thoroughly and asked to write production-ready code and some technical questions from Java since I mentioned Java in my resume
- Clone a Linked List with next and random pointer
- Minimum Heap tree
- What is Polymorphism,
- Explain real-life case of Function overloading and overriding
- What are virtual destructor and a private constructor
Round 4: Video call on Amazon Chime App
The interviewer asked me to introduce myself and brief him about my job role and contributions. Some questions he asked regarding my company project on which I am working. Later he starts some generic questions like:
- Why do you want to change job?
- Why only Amazon?
- Anything that you had taken lead or gave your ideas to your Lead or Manager
He shared a live screen to write code. He asked me to explain the approach first and time and space complexity
- Find the rank of every element in a stream. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/rank-element-stream/
I explained him using Insertion sorting but due to its worst time complexity, he asked to think some other way. He helped me in writing code using binary search tree and coding round went well.
Round 5: Bar Raiser
In this round Interviewer checked how technically strong and capable enough to handle any sorts of challenging tasks based on our past works. He asked some generic questions like:
- Why do you want to change job?
- He asked some questions seeing my resume
- Any critical issues have you resolved? If yes, then how were your approach, resolve, and impacts
- He asked many questions related to Automation Framework that I created using java and Selenium
He asked to solve one code on the live share screen. Firstly, he asked to tell him the approach and what will be time and space complexity and what kind of Data Structure will you prefer.
- Boggle (Find all possible words in a board of characters) https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/boggle-find-possible-words-board-characters/
I explained to him and write code using BFS. Although, it was not the best solution but he convinced.
Result: Hard luck not selected. This was my first interview experience with Amazon. Although, not selected in the first attempt but gain enough confidence for a future interview.
Tips: Mention only those kinds of stuff in your resume which you can explain well. Be prepared with Data Structure and Algorithm and technical questions from the domain where you worked on.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.