Amazon Interview Experience | SDE (On Campus)
Amazon came to our campus (BIT Mesra ) to hire FTE and 6 months interns .
Online Round : First round was online round consisting of 30 questions –2 coding questions and 28 mcq questions based on C, C++, Basic Networking. The test was conducted on mettl platform. Everyone had different set of questions . Some of the questions were :
- Some String implementation question
- Dice Throw Problem
- Roots of quadratic equation.
After this round, 30 were shortlisted for further rounds.
Round 1 (Technical Round) : The first 15-20 minutes were spent on project discussion, some cases to solve and use of process synchronization. Then the interviewer asked 2 coding questions :
Initially, they want to know about the approach, if satisfied, they ask to write full functional code on paper . In between, they asked about the complexity of algorithm and more optimization that could be done on it.
Round 2 (Technical Round): The interviewer gave 2 coding questions :
- Find the LCA (Least Common ancestor) of nodes having maximum depth in a given rooted tree . He asked about the approach, complexity and data structure to use . In between, he asked some common questions like time and space complexity of dfs, bfs, dijkstra (in terms of E and V ) .
- In the last 15 min, he asked me to implement queue using two stacks.
He asked me to code both questions on paper . Take care of corner cases like skew tree, empty stack, etc .
After this round, 12 of us were given 6 month internships . 3 of us were shortlisted for further rounds .
Round 3 (Technical Round) : The interviewer asked me 3 coding questions :
- Given a list of string and a prefix . He asked to print all the strings in the list having that prefix . He asked what data structure to use, time and space complexity of it . He basically wanted to see implementation of operations on trie .
Round 4 (Behavioral + Technical ) : This round was taken on amazon chime . This round was of 1 hour .
Behavioral (30 min):
- Give an example of an occasion where you’ve done a thing that was very hard for you .
- How did you handle shortcomings in your project .
- Compare your project with the current existing technology or project in real world scenario .
- He asked questions related to my project like why did you chose this technology, alternatives of the technology, difference between vertical and horizontal scaling, etc .
Technical ( 30 min ) :
- Given a package and a list of packages associated with it (Means the package is dependent on those list of packages ) . Now, you’re given a package name, let’s say A, print all the packages in sequence that you need to install in order to install package A . This was basically an implementation of Topological Sort . He was more interested in the approach and then asked me to code it up on editor .
Result : Selected for FTE 🙂