I interviewed for Amazon SDE2 position in Bangalore, India on March 2020. I had 3 years of Experience at the time of Interview
Round 1: Online Coding
- A variation of Minimum time to rot all oranges.
- Evaluating top N Competitors of Amazon echo from reviews received by Crawling websites.
Round 2: DS & Algo
- The square root of a number
- Bottom view of a BT
- Some situational questions like a situation where you came up with a quick solution to save time.
Round 3: DS & Algo
- Design a Data Structure that supports Insertion, Deletion, search and getRandom in constant time.
- Print nodes at k distance from root
- Some situational questions like a situation where you were helped out a colleague, etc
Round 4: Design Round (SDE 2)
- Design an IP Blocking system. Asked for multiple approaches along with their pros and cons
- Design a Logger.
- Why Amazon?
Round 5: Hiring Manager Round (SDM)
This round mainly focuses on presenting situations that test the candidate’s compatibility with Amazon. Strong Leadership and Ownership principles are the focus. You will be asked a lot of situational questions like
- Brief Introduction
- Innovative solutions you came up with in your previous company.
- Conflict with manager
- A situation where a colleague helped you out.
- How did you handle tasks with a strict deadline?
- How do you go about approaching a new task at hand?
Round 5: Bar Raiser
- Brief Introduction
- Design a Job Scheduler. Drawbacks of the system I designed. How to implement a recurring job? Further optimizations.
- Situational questions like the biggest technical challenge I faced, A situation where I had to fix someone else’s bug, etc.
The process was very smooth. My HR was very supportive. The Amazon interviewers are very friendly and give you hints if you get stuck. Be sure to handle every edge case and come up with multiple approaches wherever feasible.
I got a call 2 days after the Bar Raiser Round confirming my selection.
GeeksForGeeks has been a great resource in preparing DS and Algorithms and getting an overall idea of the interview process.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 154 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 260 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 324 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 381 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 430 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 431 (For SDE2)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE2
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2
- Interview Experience of Amazon - SDE2
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 (3 years exp)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE2 | 3+ years Experienced
- Flipkart Interview Experience for SDE2 (2.5 yr Exp.)
- PharmEasy Interview Experience | SDE2 - Bangalore
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.