Amazon Interview Experience SDE-2 (3 Years Experienced)
I was interviewed at Amazon Bengaluru for SDE 2 role.
Round 1 (Online Test, Hackerrank): Doesn’t Remember the questions. But one was easy and the other was the stack-based medium-level question.
Round 2 (Video Call, Technical): Started with a basic introduction and then two DSA questions.
Round 3 (Video Call, Managerial & HLD): Started with a basic introduction asking about some of the projects I did.
Behavioral Question: Tell me about a time you failed at work. What did you learn from it?
HLD Question: Designing a URL shortener service
Round 4 (Video Call, Technical, LLD):
Started with a basic introduction asking about some of the projects I did.
Tell me about the most challenging project you ever worked on
LLD Question: Design Twitter Apis, basic database design and how will you load user timeline optimally.
Round 5 (Video Call, Bar Raiser): This round was completely behavioral. Inclusive of questions about work that I have done.
- Why Amazon?
- Tell me about a challenge you faced. What was your role & the outcome?
- Tell me about a time when you went over and above your job responsibility to help the company
- Given a complete binary tree, perform the following spiral traversal of the tree
- print left most nodes on each level from top to bottom
- print all nodes on the bottom-most level from left to right
- print right-most nodes on each level from bottom to top
- every node is to be visited only once, perform this iteration until the whole tree is traversed
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ................................. 15 16 17 ............................................. 31 32 33 ................... 62 63
Solved this using bfs and map of the deque.
Interviewer gave me suggestion to solve this using dequq<deque> instead of map<int, dqueue> as removing element in dequq<deque> takes O(1) while map<int, dqueue> in worst case took O(logn).