Amazon conducted interviews for SDE-1 for its Chennai Location. The interviews were conducted at their Bangalore Office. Around 50-60 peoples participated in this drive.
This is a written round on paper for everyone. 2 out of 3 must be correct covering every single edge cases to qualify for next round and only most optimal solution will be considered.
- Largest Contiguous Sum of an Array.
- Connect n ropes with minimum cost
- Print left view of a Binary Tree
Round 2: This is a f2f round with Amazon Pay Team.
1. Print all three nodes in a binary tree such that sum of all these three nodes is greater than given x and these three nodes must hold the relationship of grandparent-parent-child. Expected Complexity – O(n)
2. Maximum sum in an array such that no elements are adjacent with a constraint that there is a loop in array.
I did very well in first two rounds. So there was no third round for me but other candidates had their third round as well.
Round 3: Hiring Manager Round
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are looking for a change, you recently joined a company and now again you are giving interviews.
- Explain your last company product line.
- Mutex vs Semaphores with an real life example.
- REST, Why REST API
- Rabbit MQ and Kafka.
- Write a shell script to parse a log file.
I didn’t mention anything like Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Database in my resume but still he was keep asking me these questions. I mentioned that I am familiar with the shell scripting in my resume but could not able to write the script as I don’t remember the syntax and that’s a learning for me that don’t mention anything about anything if you are not very good about it.
Verdict : Rejected
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 250
- Amazon Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 266 (SDE 2)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 371 (For SDE-2)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 325
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 326 (For SDE II)
- Amazon interview experience for SDE II
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 328 (For SDE-1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.