Amazon visited NIT Jalandhar on 16 Aug, and 5 were hired. Note: in each round, I was asked to write code on paper for every ques.
Online Coding test:
1) Given a string of form a+b=c where one among a.b.c is replaced by x. find x.
2) A=1, B=2, C=3…Z=26. Find possible decoding of the given digits sequence.
1) Collect maximum gold coins from potholes without selecting adjacent potholes.
2) Given a number n. Print all numbers from 0 to n which have adjacent digits as the abs diff of 1.
1) Minimize the transactions needed to balance money between friends. Per transaction may not
be equally distributed among all i.e. it is possible only few people are involved in that
transaction not all. (More like Simplify debts of splitwise app)
2) Min and Max heap. With diagrams and proper illustration of extracting and inserting.
3) Heapify the min heap
4) Insertion in min heap
1) N-ary tree. Create its mirror tree
2) N-ary tree with all positive keys. Find maximum sum path in whole tree. (If you think correctly it
will start from some leaf node and will end at other leaf node since all keys are positive)
3) Producer consumer problem discussion. Semaphore, mutex, wait and signal. Then told me to
write code for it using wait() and signal() for both producer and consumer (General code not in
cpp or java)
4) Discussion over distributed systems. N-producers N-consumer problem in distributed systems.
No. of mutex variables required to solve N-producers N-consumer problem? (ans: 1)
1) Project Discussion (20 mins)
2) Singleton class. Its uses. Real world practical use. How to make a class singleton class. Code it.
3) Set right siblings of nodes. I told level order traversal. But he insisted for optimization. Told him
O(1) space complexity sol, He was satisfied.
4) Length of longest palindrome substring.
Tips to crack Amazon Interview:
1) Do first 200-300 Leetcode coding questions. https://leetcode.com/problemset/all/
2) Do all Amazon most asked questions from geeksforgeeks and do puzzles also. Sometimes they ask.
3) 300 java ques from javaTpoint .
4) Most asked cpp, dbms interview questions (just google it)
5) For DBMS must do joins, normalization, DML, DCL, DDL, TCL and their commands.
6) Do OS thoroughly.
7) Always smile during interview and be confident.
8) Never give up on ques even if you are unable to find correct solution. Keep trying and ask for some time if stuck. Keep conversing with interviewer whole time discussing approaches while trying to find solution. They cooperate and sometimes gives you hints to take you to right path to find solution.
All the best, rock it.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 186 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 198 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 185 (For SDE1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 141 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE1
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 187 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 188 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE1
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 153 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE1
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 261 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 258 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 262 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE1| Off-campus
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 266 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE1 | Off-campus
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 264 (Experienced for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 184 (Off Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Off-Campus for SDE1
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 213 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.