Round 1: Pen and paper-based 2 questions
- Given a linked list reverse every node at even places. Eg
Given list - 1-2-3-4-5 Output list - 1-4-3-2-5
- Don’t remember, but somewhat based a tree. It was an easy question.
Round 2: Face to face (1 hour) 2 interviewers
- Given a tree find a way to serialize and deserialize it back.
- Another tree-based question
- What is Cache? Difference b/w cache and hashmap.
Round 3: Face to face (1 hour) 2 interviewers
- Zig zag level order traversal of a tree.
- BST question. convert given array to BST.
- Project discussion and questions around it like why MongoDB and not Elasticsearch or DynamoDB.
- Why do you want to join Amazon?
- The most challenging project you did until now?
- What would you do in case of conflict on your recommended design with someone else?
- DS question based on the tree.
- Explain the previous project.
- difference b/w Mongo vs Mysql. – In this, he kept going on deep, one after another. So, better you are prepared at your best.
- Multithreading. Concept of mutex, semaphore.
- Write a program to add 2 large numbers. Handle negative also.
Finally got an offer after a week.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.