Experience from IIT Delhi On-Campus, Dec. 2019
Two questions from a pool of 15 questions (easy and medium) and 28 MCQ’s based C/C++ skills and pointer arithmetic.
Some of them which I remember are:
- Mean, Mode & Median of an array.
- Find the number of inversions in an array.
- Min. Dice throw DP etc.
The interviewer asked 3 questions:
Q1. Write code to find the path from one node to another in a binary search tree. Did it well.
To proceed to round 2, do one of these:
Q2. Write code to heapify an array. OR Find the minimum number of modifications to sort an array where one modification means to increment or decrement an element by one.
First, the interviewer took a quickfire round from CV.
Then, he asked this question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/design-a-data-structure-that-supports-insert-delete-search-and-getrandom-in-constant-time/
I got asked this problem: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/k-maximum-sum-combinations-two-arrays/
But I couldn’t go beyond brute force solution this time and he wasn’t very happy with my efforts.
He saw I was very exhausted and frustrated (it was day 2 slot 2, and I was being interviewed simultaneously by two companies at that time). So, he told me, it was the same story with him and he got rejected by Amazon on-campus but got in 6 months later.
I didn’t get to round 4.
Hope this helps!
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 242 (1 Year Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 243 (2.5 Years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 241 (1.5 years experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 250
- Amazon Interview Experience | 262
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 239
- Amazon Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 247 (For SDE 1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.