There was a drive conducted on august 2019 in Bangalore. There were 6 rounds for me 1 written round 3 f2f technical rounds and 2 online rounds on amazon chime.
Round 1: (written round ) Two easy questions were given in this round there was no limit in the time but i submitted it in around 25 minutes.
Round 2: ( f2f ) two questions were asked in this round
this question i had already had solved earlier so i told him the soln a bit quickly.other question was something like given a set of fishes which moves in either right or left direction and every fish has a size associated with it and the bigger fish eats the smaller fishes if they are facing in opposite direction. the question was to find the remaining fishes in the end. I came up with a solution using stack and they were much satisfied with that.
Round 3: ( f2f ) two question were asked in this round.
the interviewer wasn’t that friendly in this round so i messed up in the second question a little bit after these question he asked few questions related to operating system and i answered those but he wasn’t very satisfied.
Round 4: ( f2f ) three question were asked in this round which were from dp, linkedlist and binary search.
the first question was https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-number-binary-strings-without-consecutive-1s/ 2nd was find the element of linked list which is at the position squareroot(len(linkedlist)) in one iteration and the third question was on binary search which i dont really remember. I hadn’t seen any of these questions earlier so it took me a little time for solving these question. and then he asked me a few questions related to my project. he was pretty impressed.
Round 5: this was the easiest among all the interviews
and the second question was about finding the first number which is common between two linked lists.i told him a solution using hashing and he was pretty much satisfied with that and then he asked me some questions from dbms like acid properties and normalisation.
Round 6: (Bar raiser round)
the first question was given a playlist of songa you have to randomise the list and play every song once until all the songs in the playlist are done. the second question was https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/sort-a-stack-using-recursion/ and last question was finding the first missing number given the starting value and the sorted list. i told him a solution using binary search and he was pretty satisfied with that. and after that he asked me few questions related to internship which i was able to answer.
for each round i was told to write code for the programs except for the 4th round’s last question. after 8 days of the last interview i got a call from the hr that i have been selected for the sde1 role at amazon hyderabad. I was a bit lucky in the sense that i wasn’t asked questions from computer networks which is one of my weaker subjects. i would suggest every one to keep practising and try to maintain a calm attitude while giving the interviews.
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 offcampus
- Mahindra Comviva Interview Experience 2020 (Product/Software Development OffCampus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 185 (For SDE1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 141 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 150 (SDE1 for 1 Year Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 153 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 184 (Off Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 186 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 187 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 188 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 198 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 213 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 254 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 256 (Written Test for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 258 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 259 (1 Yr Experienced for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 261 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 264 (Experienced for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 262 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 266 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.