I applied in the AmazeWow program in April 2020 and the process started in late May, consisting of 1 online assessment and 1 interview.
Date : window open from 22 May – 24 May 2020
- Code Debug : Find the bugs in 7 pieces of codes. (Time : 20 minutes)
- Coding Test : 1 question on DP, 1 question on DFS (Time : 70 minutes)
- Work Styles Assessment : This is built around Amazon’s Leadership Principles, they ask us to choose what extent a provided statement represents our work style. (Time : 10-15 minutes)
- Logical Ability : Questions based on language comprehension, mental ability and Maths (Time : 35 minutes)
Date : 18 June 2020
Mode : Video call through Amazon Chime, live coding on a shared doc
Time : 1 hour
The interview started with brief introduction of the interviewer, followed by mine.
Then he started the discussion with basic questions on data structures like comparison of Stack and Queue.
Coding Questions :
- Insertion and Search in Trie : I was asked to only write the functions, assuming the structure of trie-node to be given.
Similar article : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/trie-insert-and-search/
- Sum of nodes at lowest level of Binary Tree : Given a binary tree, find the sum of values of nodes present at the last level.
- I first coded an approach similar to level order traversal. At last level, find the sum of elements present in the queue.
- He then asked me to provide a solution without using extra space. I did it by writing a function to find the height of the tree and then finding the sum of nodes at last level.
- Then I was asked to provide a solution without writing a separate function for finding height. I used an approach similar to this : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/sum-nodes-maximum-depth-binary-tree/
Then he asked me 2 question related to OOPS.
- Polymorphism and its types
Similar article : https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/object-oriented-programming-in-cpp/
The interview ended with a discussion about the company.
I got the result on 7th August 2020 and I got selected for the internship.
Most useful resources based on my experience : GeeksForGeeks, InterviewBit, Codeforces.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.