Amazon Interview Experience for SDE Intern (Off-Campus)
Online Assessment Test: The round consisted of four sections.
- Debugging (time constraint): There were 7 questions to be debugged.
- Coding Section (time constraint): There were 2 coding questions, one from trees and the second one from array. The difficulty level of the question was medium – easy.
- Behavioural Analysis: This section consisted of questions about work and behavioural related ones.
- Reasoning Ability (time constraint): This section consists of some verbal reasoning questions and some aptitude questions. The question level was easy.
After the online assessment, I received a mail that I have been shortlisted for interviews, there were basically 2 rounds to be held and all were elimination one, this detail was given in the shortlisting email itself.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 1(Personal Interview): The round started with little greetings and then I was given my problems.
Find the bottom and top view of the tree.
Basically, I needed to tell the approach of both of them and then I was asked to code the bottom view of the tree, I was able to tell the approach and code it.
Find the Maximum sum such that no two elements are adjacent. The problem I received was not exactly the same instead of array I have to take the level order sum of a tree, I was able to solve this problem and was able to code the problem.
The interview ended with the introduction and some questions that I asked them regarding amazon and its work culture.
After this round, I received a call from hr regarding the second round.
Round 2(Personal Interview): The round started with an introduction and then I was given my problems:-
- Find the first non-repeating character in Queue based approach for first non-repeating character in a stream. I was not clear with the problem, so I asked a lot of clarification questions regarding the problem then I told him my approach, and he was satisfied with the one, then I was asked to code it which I was able to code.
- Find the minimum time which would take the gas to reach all the cells if the explosion happened at a point in the matrix. Check if all enemies are killed with bombs placed in a matrix. The problem was simpler than the given link, it was a simple BFS problem, but I was asked why we are not able to use DFS here, then I was asked to code the problem.
Then the interview was over, and after a few days, I received a mail regarding the selection. My overall experience was really great the interviewers were really cool and helping people, really excited to start working there.
Thank you for reading!