I recently scored an SDE internship with Amazon (Gurugram). Here are my two cents.
- Stop listening to whoever boasts about having an easy interview. A lot of folks become complacent and are unprepared when the interviewer throws a difficult problem at them.
- Pick a website of your choice- Leetcode, Hackerrank, InterviewBit etc and practice every day religiously. There’s no slacking on this front.
- Cramming Amazon or XYZ company-tagged questions won’t be sufficient. The idea is to practice enough questions to develop your coding abilities and become able to tackle a completely new problem.
- Be comfortable with calculating the time and space complexities of your program.
- You should know basic data structures (and a few advanced ones like Tries, balanced BSTs etc) and the complexities of the operations on them.
- For the online round, try to solve a few debugging and SAT-style questions in a limited time.
- Prepare solid answers based on your resume and projects for the behavioral round in tune with Amazon’s Leadership Principles. Practice with a friend.