Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Off-Campus 2021
Round 1(Online Assessment): This round was on the HackerEarth platform. Two coding questions of medium level.
Round 2(Technical Interview 1): After two months of online assessment, my first and second technical interview was scheduled on the same day.
- This interview was taken by SDE2
- Firstly she introduced herself and asked me to introduce myself.
- After that, she asked three behavioral types of questions.
- And then she gave me a coding question which was something related to this question https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/minimum-number-swaps-required-sort-array/
- I was able to solve that question and was finally done with this round.
Round 3(Technical Interview 2): After two hours, my second interview was scheduled on the same day.
- This interview was also taken by an SDE2
- He introduced himself and asked about me.
- And he jumped into coding questions.
- He asked me two coding questions.
- The first question was related to Lowest Common Ancestor in a Binary Tree and he has added some edge cases.
- The second question was a trie data structure-based question related to finding words in dictionary type.
- On the same day, I got a call from a recruiter that my next round is scheduled for the day after tomorrow.
Round 4(Technical Interview 3): In this round, the interviewer is a Software Development Manager at Amazon.
- First, he introduced himself and told me to introduce myself.
- He asked me about the projects which I have done.
- And he jumped into coding question
- The question was: Design a data structure that inserts, deletes the topmost element in O(1) time and also finds, delete middle element in linear time.
- I started solving it using Stack but he suggested me to use Deque, I was not able to solve the delete middle element function in O(1) time using deque.
- After that, he asked me to write a SQL query.
- After that, he asked some behavioral types of questions.
- The interview Ended.