Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Off-Campus 2020
A recruiter contacted me through email if I was interested in applying for the SDE-1 role, I sent my resume and waited for further notice. I received an email to take up a Hackerrank Test within a week.
Online Coding Test: Coding challenge (2 scenarios) and Coding approach (elaborate why you code the way you do) – 105 minutes: One question based on Two-pointer approach with extra use of hashmap, on was simple iteration with finding min in every loop. ( Tip: Solve all coding questions from interview experiences of GFG and LeetCode.)
- Workstyle survey 15 minutes: Remember the answers you choose, questions do get repeated
- Feedback survey 5 minutes: The Toughest of all (PS: Just Kidding!)
Technical round 1:
Preparation: Watched a lot of DP youtube videos, solved questions from Amazon Interview Experiences in GFG.
- 2 Coding questions:
- Easy Graph application problem, Optimise it using DP, further optimise space by removing unnecessary data.
- Easy Data Structures problem using hashmap and a counter.
Tip: Use sensible variable names, talk it out aloud. Modularise code into functions if needed.
Technical round 2:
Preparation: Watched a lot of Mock interview YouTube videos of FAANG companies, solved questions from Amazon Interview Experiences in LeetCode.
- 2 Coding questions:
- Find the kth the smallest element in an array.
- Binary Search tree problem(GFG medium level)
- 2 Behavioural Questions
Tip: Give as many approaches as possible, explaining which do you prefer and why.
Technical round 3:
Preparation: Nothing Much
- 1 Coding question: LRU Cache Implementation
- 3-4 Behavioural Questions on Amazon’s LP: Google It!
Technical round 4 (Hiring Manager Round):
- 1 Coding question: Implement Hashmap with a function that returns the order of insertion of <key, value> pairs into it.
- 3-4 Behavioural Questions on Amazon’s LP
- Few Basic Questions on OS, DBMS
Result: Selected 😉
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.