Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 (Off-Campus)
Online Screening round(Jan 2022): There was an online coding assessment in which you had two solve 2 coding questions in 70 min followed by behavioral pattern questions separately. Both coding questions were medium level and I was able to solve almost both of them. After one week of this round, I got a selection mail from their recruitment team for the next rounds. All the interviews were conducted on the Amazon Chime platform.
Interview Round 1(Feb 2022): The interviewer(SDE-2) started with a quick introduction about myself and then asked me to explain one of my projects, followed by some questions on that project. After the project discussion, we moved to the coding questions. I was asked to explain the best approach, write code for it and tell about space and time complexity.
I was able to solve both questions in the given time and got good feedback from the interviewer. I got a call for the next round of interviews after one week.
Interview Round 2(Feb 2022): In this round, the interviewer(SDE-2) started with my introduction first then proceeded with one of the major projects and some discussion. After that, he started with coding questions with the same approach as followed in round-1.
I solved both questions with the best approach in very good time. The interviewer was impressed with my performance, so I got called for around 3 interviews.
Interview Round 3(Apr 2022)- BAR Raiser: This round was taken by the Product Manager. He started with a brief introduction and then jumped to coding questions. The same approach was followed for this round as well.
I did both questions and then he proceeded to behavioral questions.
- Tell about a time, when you were able to complete the given task within a strict deadline.
- Tell about a time, when you overachieved results than what you had expected and what was the result.
Verdict: After a couple of days, HR called me to say you are selected and I accepted the offer letter.
- Practice standard coding questions, medium level from GFG and LeetCode.
- Get well versed with skills, projects, and work experience mentioned in your resume.
- Answer behavioral questions with the STAR approach and prepare these beforehand.
- Amazon off-campus process sometimes takes more time as in my case, but it won’t be canceled in between.