Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 Internship
Amazon came for On Campus Recruitment for SDE Internship in September 2020 to our university.
Students of B.Tech CSE, IT, ICT, MCA, and M.Tech CSE with CGPA 6 and above and no standing arrears were allowed. Totally 546 students wrote the online test which was on the AMCAT platform.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
The online test consisted of 4 sections:
- Debugging (C, C++, Java, Python in any of the language – 20 mins time and it was pretty straight forward)
- Coding (2 questions) – 90 minutes -These were the questions I got:
- Psychometric test – not timed – had some behavioral questions
- Aptitude and logical reasoning
From this 48 students got selected for the 1st F2F interview and 1(that was me) got selected for both the 1st and 2nd F2F interview.
1st F2F interview: The interview happened in the Amazon Chimes app. So first the interviewer gave an introduction of himself and asked for my introduction.
Then he asked to solve 2 coding questions
- Level order traversal in spiral form. I failed to give optimal solutions using a double-ended queue and I lost my hopes here.
- Connect n ropes with minimum cost. I solved this question with the normal and optimal solution, and then discussed the complexities. The interviewer was satisfied with the solution to this question.
2nd F2F interview: The interviewer asked for an introduction and discussed the projects and technologies used from my Resume.
Then 2 problems were asked for coding.
- Given a matrix filled with 0 and 1, 0 representing empty land and 1 representing an office building, find the optimal position to build a house such that the sum of the distance to all the offices is minimum.
- Count ways to reach the n’th stair. I solved both the questions, and we discussed the complexity and solutions.
After this, he asked some situation based questions and managerial questions.
6 people were offered internships.
Tips: Going through the problems in Geeks for Geeks tagged with Amazon is more than enough for cracking this interview. We have to be thorough with different approaches and the optimal approach. Should know the complexities of the solutions given. If you don’t have much time past Amazon interview experiences will help you. Finally – stay calm and don’t panic, present yourselves with full confidence.
All the best !!!