Round 1 (Online Assessment): This was conducted on AMCAT. It had 4 sections (total 2.5 hrs)
- Code debugging section – 7 questions, C/C++/Java (20 minutes)
- Coding section – 2 questions (70 minutes)
- Workstyle assessment (20 minutes)
- Reasoning ability – 24 questions (35 minutes) – we could not skip and return to a question
38 students were selected for online interviews.
Round 2 (F2F Technical Interview): This was conducted on their own platform Amazon Chime (1 hr). First I had to give an introduction about myself. Then 2 coding questions were asked.
- Clone a binary tree with random pointer. I discussed the hashing approach, he then asked me to code it, then we discussed time complexity.
- Add all greater values to every node in a given BST. First I gave him brute force approach O(n^2), then a better approach O(nlogn), then reverse order traversal approach O(n).
Round 3 (F2F Technical Interview): Again a brief introduction about myself. Then 2 coding questions were asked (1 hr).
- Rotten oranges – Minimum time required to rot all oranges.
- Peripheral traversal of binary tree – Boundary Traversal of binary tree.
15 students got the offer for an internship, I was one of them.
- Even if you are not able to give the correct solution, try to build your solution considering all the cases given by the interviewer. I did the same in one question and it really helped.
- Amazon focuses only on DS Algo and its leadership principles.
- They ask questions mostly on Tree, Graph, DP, Stack (in the decreasing order of frequency)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.