Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | 6-Months Intern (On-Campus)
Round 1: An online assessment that consisted of four parts:
- Code Debugging: 7 questions to be debugged in 20 minutes. (easy-medium)
- Coding Test: 2 coding questions to be solved in 70 minutes. (medium)
- Workstyles assessment: 20minutes
- Reasoning ability: 35 minutes (easy-medium)
38 members were shortlisted for the interviews.
Round 2: It was a technical interview for 1 hour. The interviewer gave her an introduction and asked about me. Then I was given the following questions.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/word-break-problem-dp-32/. Asked me to discuss the time and space complexity of my approach and then to code.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/trapping-rain-water/. I was able to solve this easily and discussed the time and space complexity.
Around 12 members were shortlisted for TR-2
Round 3: It was a technical interview for 1 hour. After a brief introduction the interviewer asked the following question:
- Given a binary tree, return the sum of all the nodes whose Kth parent (Kth ancestor) value is even. Where 0 < K < 10^7.
K=2 8 / \ 2 3 / \ \ 4 5 7 \ / 6 1
- The 2nd ancestor of 4 , 5 ,7 is 8 and 8 is even
- The 2nd ancestor of 6 is 2 and 2 is even
- The 2nd ancestor of 1 is 3 and 3 is odd
Finally, I wrote a code with linear time complexity using post-order traversal.
THANK YOU SO MUCH GFG TEAM…
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!